Enz camera nozzle
In order to ensure the trouble-free functioning of sewer systems in municipalities or industrial plants, they must be cleaned regularly. This is typically done by a water nozzle operated with high pressure. The cleaning result is usually not completely checked visually, because the effort for an inspection with an inspection camera is too high.
Our customer enz® is a leader in water-driven cleaning tools up to 3'000 bar. These hydrodynamic and hydromechanical cleaning tools are used to clean surfaces as well as pipes and channels.
To document the quality of a cleaning economically, enz® has developed a camera system together with Helbling that can be integrated into various cleaning systems. In this way, videos are recorded directly in parallel with the sewer cleaning and automatically stored in a cloud via a smartphone. Cleaning companies and clients can access the data after completion of the cleaning process and from any location and assess the cleaning result or detect any damage in the sewer.
Helbling has developed the «seeing nozzle» as a system together with enz® up to production readiness. The system, which is integrated into a compact housing, consists of a camera with an illumination system and on-board power supply, image processing, and buffer memory. This hardware can be integrated into several enz® cleaning tools. Furthermore, the system includes a wireless charging station, a smartphone app and the cloud environment for remote access to the recorded data.
- Recording, editing and saving of video material in HD-Ready resolution under harsh conditions (vibrations, waste water, pollution) during cleaning of sewers
- Illumination of the sewers (d = 200 mm to 600 mm) by LED lighting
- Battery life of ≥8 h, wireless charging
- Tightness according to IP68
- Modularly applicable in different cleaning systems of enz®
- Worldwide use
- Wireless data transfer from camera to mobile devices (WiFi)
- User-friendly Enz app to operate the camera (browser-based, iOS and Android devices)
- Data management in an AWS cloud
- System development from concept to production readiness
- Development of optics, lighting, electronics, firmware (Linux)
- Mechanical integration of all components
- Procurement, commissioning and testing of functional samples and prototypes
- Evaluation system supplier and support in setting up series production
- Testing of 0-series and series devices
- Organization and support of conformity assessment (radio, EMC, safety)
- App development (web, iOS and Android) with hardware and cloud communication
- Data transfer to and data management in the cloud
- Product life cycle support (mechanics, electronics, firmware)
The Enz camera nozzle impresses with its robust and sophisticated design, which was recognized with the reddot award 2022, and high functionality. The concept has met with a great response and is successfully used by customers worldwide.