Optimisation of the ERP System and Usage of IT
For a customer from the machine and equipment manufacturing industry (high-precision measurement technology), we needed to optimise the process landscape, which had been heterogeneous until that point, as well as the inconsistent ERP support. To achieve that goal, a high level of change was necessary in the existing ERP systems, and the production system, which had been isolated/separated until that point, needed to be oriented towards the requirements. Additionally, the existing form of variant management in production, sales, and project processing needed to be adapted to the market requirements.
Result / success
The optimisations performed removed the problematic interfaces and gaps between the business processes and the ERP system. As a result, the contracting party can use operational resources (equipment, staff) better and reduce both delivery bottlenecks and inventory. In addition, their planning became more accurate, compliance with deadlines improved, daily business became more transparent, and processes were simplified with lasting effect.
- Providing support during the IT release changeover and usage of standard functions
- Performing a comparison of IT systems and business processes
- Improving the system orientation towards the process requirements
- Simplifying processes and creating lasting foundations for corporate growth
- Creating improved IT support focused on business benefits and efficacy
- Creating an optimised application landscape and consistent process support
Location Concept for Production Network
Industries: Construction, Construction Supply & Building Equipment
Services: Value Chain Management