Production Footprint Europe in HVAC
A manufacturer in the field of heating / ventilation / air conditioning is confronted with decreasing quantities and price collapse in one product area. As a result, overcapacities in the plants have to be reduced and cost structures improved.
- Comprehensive analysis of the current production footprint in Switzerland, France and Eastern Europe as well as of the sales markets in Europe
- Evaluation of an optimal solution for production and logistics based on different scenarios, financially and qualitatively
- Close cooperation with the responsible persons of the customer, support of decision making of management and bord of directors
- Production relocation and partial plant closure with socially acceptable job cuts
- Transfer of product know-how and harmonization / streamlining of product ranges and migration of production data
Ensuring the readiness for delivery during the implementation. Reduction of variable manufacturing costs by 15%. For 95% of the dismissed employees a new job could be found seamlessly.
Supply chain transformation
Industries: Machinery and Plant Construction
Services: Value Chain Management